[R] About source()

Li SUN vraifreud.test at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 05:02:35 CET 2012

Hello,

I am a beginner to the R language and find it fantastic and
well-designed, quite different from other programming languages. This
is the first time I post on the r-help mailing list.

In invoking the function source(filename), it seems that the filename
has to exist in the current working directory, otherwise it has to be
specified in full path. So is there any mechanism(such as environment
variable) to specify an additional directory of .R files that source()
could search in?

Thanks in advance!

Li Sun
Department of Physics