[R] higher derivatives using deriv

alexander16 tobias.etzel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 09:30:20 CET 2012

Dear everyone,
the following is obviously used to compute the nth derivative, which seems
to work
(deriv(sqrt(1 - x^2),x,n))

However, before using this, I wanted to make sure it does what I think it
does
but can't figure it out when reading the ?deriv info or any other
documentation on  deriv for that matter:

deriv(expr, namevec, function.arg = NULL, tag = ".expr", hessian = FALSE,
...)
This doesn't seem to include an "order of derivative" argument, in fact, in
the examples section,
it is outlined, how one can build a higher deriv. function oneself...

Any hints are much appreciated!
alex