[R] An R interface to Model Building

Yvonnick Noel yvonnick.noel at uhb.fr
Wed Jan 4 12:55:26 CET 2012

Brett, Spencer,

I replied to Brett on the R-SIG-GUI mailing list, suggesting to use the
proto package. I found it most useful to structure the code when
developing my R2STATS interface.

>         2.  Have you reviewed the other R projects with a graphical user
> interface for R?  Several are listed at "http://sciviews.org/_rgui
> <http://sciviews.org/_rgui/>".

Is this page still maintained? I wrote to Philippe Grosjean months ago
but received no reply.
>         3.  If you would like to collaborate on a project with others,
> "r-forge.r-project.org" is a standard place for hosting collaborative
> projects relating to R.  I looked for a few of the projects listed at
> "http://sciviews.org/_rgui  <http://sciviews.org/_rgui/>" and couldn't
> find any on R-Forge.

The R2STATS and the AtelieR packages are on R-Forge and provide GUIs for
fitting and comparing various models (GLM and GLMM), both in a
frequentist and a Bayesian approach.

Best,

Yvonnick Noel
University of Brittany at Rennes