[R] Linear regression using matrices

Mark Sanderson mark.sanderson at greif.com
Wed Jan 4 12:46:27 CET 2012

I'm new to R and I'm not a Statistician I'm an Accountant, but I'm finding it
an excellent tool for the business analysis work I do.

I need to run LM() where both response and predictor are held in matrices.
The model follows the form:-
regression1 = matrix1.col1 <-> matrix2.col1
regression2 = matrix1.col2<->matrix2.col2
and so on......

I have no problem with the multivariate response but I can't get the
function to recognise a tabular predictor.

Is this possible without using a loop ?