[R] Warning message about closing a connection XXXX

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Wed Jan 4 18:12:25 CET 2012

Re
  > How can I avoid the warning message altogether?

  ?closeAllConnections

I think of calls to closeAllConnections() in the same
way that I think of calls to rm(list=objects()):
they both can remove things that are not theirs to remove.

Calling gc() will close all unused connections, so
no damage can be done.  (I thought that the warning
about closing unused text connections was dropped in
a recent release of R so neither is really needed.)

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com