[R] colouring a table, data.frame or matrix in an interactive R session

drflxms drflxms at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 7 11:48:47 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

as I am dealing with complex confusion matrices, I wonder whether there
might be a way to colour text/tabular data in R. I.e. imagine
highlighting the true positive values or certain classes in a table.

I know how to colour text in graphical output as well as how to sweave
or odfWeave coloured tables. But is there a way to do it directly in an
interactive R session?
Of course I understand that terminals originally haven't been designed
for coloured output and that one can easily extract every information
needed by subscripting. But still coloured text in the interactive
session would sometimes just be comfortable.

Looking forward to read from you,
Greetings from Munich, Felix