[R] need help

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 01:14:46 CET 2012

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM, John Sorkin <JSorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu> wrote:
> Peter,
> I have sympathy for Dong. It would be helpful if the message at the bottom of the Email were modified to be more directive, e.g.

In principal, I believe this should be unnecessary.  All of these
directions are clearly given when you sign up for the list in the
first place (and it is your job to remember or keep those).  And
searching for 'unsubscribe the R help' on Bing, Google, Yahoo, and
Yandex all lead me to information on how to do so in the first few
results.

On the other hand, there are at least a few of these messages per
month, suggesting that either people are unwilling to invest the time
to search or the idea that the answer may be easily found on the
internet simply does not occur to them.  I do not think we want a
lengthy footer, but something like:

may curtail these emails (I realize that more can be done at that
address than merely unsubscribing, but saavy users wishing to make
other modifications are perhaps competent enough to manage on their
own).