[R] power in generalized linear models with categorical independent variables

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Mon Jan 9 22:18:56 CET 2012

Dear r-help list members,

	Is there an R package to compute the power and sample size of
generalized linear models
with categorical independent variables? I am especially interested in
the
negative binomial error model.

	Failing this, is there any package outside of R that does this kind
of calculation?

Thanks!
Rich
Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist,
Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center (HICCC)
Lecturer,
Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI)
Educational Coordinator,
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (C2B2)/
National Center for Multiscale Analysis of Genomic Networks (MAGNet)
Room 824
Irving Cancer Research Center
Columbia University
1130 St. Nicholas Ave
New York, NY 10032
(212)851-4765 (voice)
friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

I am a Bayesian. When I see a multiple-choice question on a test and I
don't
know the answer I say "eeney-meaney-miney-moe".

Rose Friedman, Age 14