[R] different results from fligner.test

gaiarrido gaiarrido at usal.es
Tue Jan 10 21:30:34 CET 2012

I've made fligner test with the same data, changing the orders of the
variables, and this what i get

> fligner.test(rojos~edadysexo*zona*ano*estacion)

        Fligner-Killeen test of homogeneity of variances

data:  rojos by edadysexo by zona by ano by estacion
Fligner-Killeen:med chi-squared = 15.7651, df = 2, p-value = 0.0003773

> fligner.test(rojos~ano*edadysexo*zona*estacion)

        Fligner-Killeen test of homogeneity of variances

data:  rojos by ano by edadysexo by zona by estacion
Fligner-Killeen:med chi-squared = 86.5317, df = 3, p-value < 2.2e-16

Different results with the same variables!!! Why? i try to find an answer,
but i really surprised

-----
Mario Garrido Escudero
PhD student
Dpto. de Biología Animal, Ecología, Parasitología, Edafología y Qca. Agrícola
Universidad de Salamanca