[R] help

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 23:21:06 CET 2012

There might be an x in your R session, but not from that script. Try
it by pasting
those three lines at the command line:

> x <- [10.4  5.6  3.1  6.4 21.7]
Error: unexpected '[' in "x <- ["
> y <- [12,5.6, 7.2, 1.0, 9.3]
Error: unexpected '[' in "y <- ["
> plot(x,y)
Error in plot(x, y) : object 'x' not found

You should get an error message when you try to source the script, I
would think.

Try instead:
x <- c(10.4,  5.6,  3.1, 6.4, 21.7)
y <- c(12, 5.6, 7.2, 1.0, 9.3)
plot(x, y)
and rereading your introductory materials.

If that still doesn't work then we'll need more information, like OS
and version of R.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee