[R] general question on Spotfire

Louis Bajuk-Yorgan lbajuk at tibco.com
Wed Jan 11 19:44:44 CET 2012

Hello,

I am a Product Manager at Spotfire, focused on integrating statistical capabilities from R & S+ into Spotfire, so I will make a few comments:

1. We have a quite a few customers who use Spotfire and R side-by-side for doing ad hoc data analysis. Sometimes by the same user, sometimes by different users collaborating in a group. Each fills a different niche (with Spotfire focusing on highly interactive visualizations), and often different users are more comfortable with one or the other. Sometimes users will do their initial data manipulation and analysis in R, and then move the data into Spotfire for further interaction, and presentation to other, non-R users.

2. Our focus at Spotfire has been on integrating R & S+ (as Peter mentions below), so that it's easy to create and share interactive Spotfire applications that leverage analytics from R & S+. We want to help customers put the power of R & S+ into the hands of more users, in applications that are friendly and familiar to them.

If you'd like more info on that, check out the info on the Statistics Services product at spotfire.tibco.com, or this recorded webcast: http://www.screencast.com/t/So5Kz7gJI4

Regards
Lou
Lou Bajuk-Yorgan