[R] Storing/Restoring R objects

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 11 20:56:21 CET 2012

   One of my projects has generated quite a few objects (data frames) related
to one portion of this project. They can be listed with the ls() function.
What I would like to do is move them to another directory so that data
frames for other portions of the project can be more easily seen and used.

   .RData is a binary file. Are there tools that let me work with this file?
What if I rename it and start a new .RData file when I next invoke R? Could
I then specify which .RData file should be available on demand?

   I have not seen (or remembered if I did) discussions on this topic. Please
advise.

Rich