[R] Coloring counties on a full US map based on a certain criterion

Dimitri Liakhovitski dimitri.liakhovitski at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 18:15:27 CET 2012

Sarah, this is amazing, thank you so much.
One question: I am trying to do for the whole US (on one map) what
you've helped me do for Iowa.
In other words, I would like to create a file of inputs like you
"countycol " with 1,000+ lines - for all US counties (probably without
Hawaii and Alaska, right?) and then somehow feed it into the map
command but so that the output is the whole map of the US, and not one
state. Is it at all possible?
Or maybe it's possible to create 48 colored state maps one by one -
the way you showed me - save them, and then somehow "paste" those
states onto the whole US map?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Dimitri

--