[R] The Future of R | API to Public Databases

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 22:58:43 CET 2012

R is Open Source. You're welcome to write tools, and submit your
package to CRAN. I think some part of this has been done, based
on questions to the list asking about those parts.

Personally, I've been using S-Plus and then R for 18 years, and never
required data from any of them. Which doesn't make it not important,
but suggests that public databases aren't the be-all and end-all for
R use.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee