[R] add column with values found in another data frame

jdog76 jcallner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 21:51:57 CET 2012

 I am positive this problem has a very simple solution, but I have been
unable to find it, so I am asking for your help. I need to know how to look
something up in one data frame and add it as a column in another.  If I have
a data frame that looks like this:

> frame1
  ID  score  test age
1  Guy1 10 1  20
2 Guy1 13 2  20
3 Guy2 9 1  33
4 Guy2 11 2  33

and another frame that looks like this:

> frame2
  ID
1 Guy1
2 Guy2

How do I add a column to frame2 so it looks like this:

  ID age
1 Guy1 20
2 Guy2 33

I know this must be simple, but I couldn't find the solution by searching.

thanks so much
Jeremy