[R] A recent Post

Roy Mendelssohn roy.mendelssohn at noaa.gov
Mon Jan 16 05:45:58 CET 2012

I understand your point., and is why I have hesitated to say anything in the past  My point is the following last line of that part of the guide:

>  Ad hominem comments are absolutely out of place

I guess with a Bayesian approach you can give "absolutely"  a fuzzy meaning.  Why I am not a Bayesian.

I could go on as to why Web services with standardized metadata for remote data are important  (I am involved in several such large government efforts),  or the fact that my small lab alone gets on the average one million data requests a day, from about 20,000 separate users a month, and the Open Geospatial Consortium is also spending a lot of time and money on developing such services.

I was not even the one attacked.  I just think it was a useful discussion, and the personal attack was unwarranted.  Perhaps R-Help is the wrong place for such a discussion, and I have no problem with someone saying that.  I do know for our software tools, we developed last not first for R, not because of lack of demand, but because who wants to deal with such things.

My $0.02, I realize probably not the popular opinion, but go read the response of the person who was attacked and tell me it didn't affect him.

I will leave it at that.

-Roy