[R] Troubles with stemming (tm + Snowball packages) under MacOS

Julien Velcin julien.velcin at univ-lyon2.fr
Mon Jan 16 13:07:15 CET 2012

Ok but unfortunately JGR doesn't work when run as root! I think this
is because the packages needed (e.g., rWeka) are installed locally
(for the user). The installation "at system level (in R framework)"
fails:

"Currently it is not possible to install binary packages from a remote
repository as root.
Please use the CRAN binary of R to allow admin users to install system-
wide packages without becoming root. Alternatively you can either use
command-line version of R as root or install the packages from local
files."

If I follow these advices (launch R as a root and try to install the
package manually):

 > install.packages('RWeka')
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
for 'tcltk', details:
   call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
   error: unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/
R.framework/Versions/2.14/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/x86_64/tcltk.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.14/Resources/
library/tcltk/libs/x86_64/tcltk.so, 10): Library not loaded: /usr/
local/lib/libtcl8.5.dylib
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.14/
Resources/library/tcltk/libs/x86_64/tcltk.so
   Reason: image not found

Julien