[R] smoothScatter on map

marcom77 vrukol at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:24:45 CET 2012

Hello everybody,
I'm here with a question concerning obtaining a greographical map with a
smmothed scatterplot overlaying the intersted regions.
My data are a set of opints, represented by long, lat coordinates. As far as
the map is concerned, a shp file of Europe without countries borders (only
coastal outlines) with the limits at lat 35N-60N
long 15W-30E.
Until now, I was only able to obtain nice plots  with the function
smoothScatterplot().
My specific problems are the following:

*the smoothed scatterplot is somewhat "cutted" inside a rectangular area,
specially after trying to fixing the xlim and ylim on the same limits of the
shp file.

I would like to know if there's a way to overlay the smoothsc.plot to my
map. Having several datasets, hypothetically differentiated by different
point colors, this would be a relevant point.*

Thanks a lot in advance for any feedback!!

marco