[R] Saving WinBugs log file when using bugs()

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Mon Jan 16 17:38:33 CET 2012

On 16.01.2012 16:09, Ruth Chapman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very new to R and Winbugs. I have been provided with a code that runs
> Winbugs from R. The code runs 60 different models and I would like to
> either save the Winbugs log file for each of these or reproduce the WinBugs
> plots which show convergence over the iterations.I can do this by using
> Debug=true and saving manually each time but obviously this is very time
> consuming.

The log file (not as .odc and as .txt file) is in R'd tempdir() after
WinBUGS returns to R. Hence, from R, you could copy the file to anotehr
llocation  before you start to execute the next part in WinBUGS:

file.copy(file.path(tempdir(), "log.txt"),
"c:/some/directory/to/log-model1.txt")

Best,
Uwe Ligges