[R] Prediciting sports team scores

kerry1912 kerry1912 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:55:03 CET 2012

I am working on predicitng the scores for a days worth of matches of team
sports. I have already collected data for the teams for the season we are
concentrating on.

I have been fitting poisson models for football games and have worked out
what model is best and which predictor variables are most important.

We would now like to predict the probability distribution for the scores for
each team. eg. What is the probability of Manchester United vs Chelsea
ending 1-1?