[R] net classification improvement?

Essers, Jonah Jonah.Essers at childrens.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 17 17:55:51 CET 2012

Actually, I don't think I made myself clear and I wrote this late last
night....Sorry. More the issue is that the raw model predictions (from 0
to 1) have no inherent clinical value to them. I.e. They aren't "risk of
disease" or "risk of outcome". They are raw scores that are specific to
each model and are meant to discriminate one disease from another disease.
Trying to compare models is impossible because the NRI requires cutoff
values.  The cutoffs are different for each model.

So, as I've done more reading, it appears the the IRI--Integrated
Discrimination Improvement Index--which is naïve to cutoff values--may be
more what I'm looking for. Does this make sense? I guess I just need a
sanity check.

I have been toying with the PredictABEL package and this seems to like my
data inputs just fine and relies on HMISC and ROCR, both packages I know
well.

Thanks
jonah