[R] Display numbers on map

Ray Brownrigg Ray.Brownrigg at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Jan 17 20:21:27 CET 2012

David:

That doesn't quite answer the question about Alaska and Hawaii.

Jeffrey:

help(state, maps)
states "This database produces a map of the states of the United States mainland ..."

so you have to use:
map("world", "USA")
map("state", add=T)
to get the whole lot (which I am willing to bet is not exactly what is wanted, even though
it is what was stated).

This is not the end of the story, but if you'll state exactly what you want for Alaska and
Hawaii, then perhaps we can supply a solution.

Ray Brownrigg