[R] howto test a package without installation

Jonas Stein news at jonasstein.de
Wed Jan 18 00:51:12 CET 2012

> Look at Hadley Wickham's devtools package.  It is designed with this
> sort of thing.  That said, it really is not too difficult to install
> as long as you have a working tool chain (which you will need to test
> it anyway).

I cound not find it with google and found no "devtools" on this page
http://had.co.nz/
can you give more details please.

> R CMD INSTALL /tmp/sitools
> require(sitools)

This seems not to be what i want:

$ R CMD INSTALL sitools
* installing to library ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library’
Error: ERROR: no permission to install to directory ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library’

R tries to install something in my system. That may confuse my
debian packagemanagement.

kind regards,

--
Jonas Stein <news at jonasstein.de>