[R] GUI

Milan Bouchet-Valat nalimilan at club.fr
Wed Jan 18 17:07:52 CET 2012

Le mercredi 18 janvier 2012 à 16:23 +0100, Poul Kristensen a écrit :
> How differs Rstudio from RKward?
They seem to be quite similar, but their feature seats are somewhat
different. I don't know RStudio enough to tell.

> I am not aware of the frequence of releases in R but I think it should
> be considered
> that using packets from repositories ensures that you get the updates
> automaticallly.
Sure (if available).

> If using RKward you have to use KDE as Linux desktop.
> Rstudio is for Gnome.
What makes you think that? Although RKWard is written in Qt and uses KDE
libraries, I'm using it under GNOME and it works very well. It doesn't
look completely the same as GNOME apps, but that's very reasonable.
RStudio doesn't really use GTK themes either.

So basically, when you're using GNOME, RKWard and RStudio are two good
alternatives that won't look absolutely integrated with the rest of the
desktop, but that work very well.

> BTW:
> I hope my mails goes to the list. In Gmails new interface it looks
> like I am only mailing
> to the last sender!.  :/
It didn't work, but let's say I forward it.

Regards