[R] R help

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 18 18:02:37 CET 2012

On 01/18/2012 06:53 AM, Catarina Maia wrote:
> hello!
>
> A few days ago I subscribed the R mailing list in order to ask for some
> help. The thing is that now I am receiving a lot of mails with doubts from
> other users but i am just a "R begginer" and i will not able to give useful
> help.  So,  i would like to quit the from the mainling list. I'm so sorry for
> the inconvenience.
>
> best regards,
>
> Catarina Maia

An alternative to unsubscribing is to disable mail delivery.  This is
done by signing on to your account (you should have received a
confirmation email at some point with the link and password you
created).  There you will find a check box to disable delivery.

The advantage of this approach is you don't need to re-subscribe later
if you have another question.

As others have said, you can learn many things by reading some of the
posts.  If volume is too high, you could create filters for you inbox
that automatically moves them to another folder for reading.  That's
what I do and it makes managing the volume trivial.