[R] add1 GLM - Warning message, what does it mean?

Jhope jeanwaijang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:38:12 CET 2012

Hi All, I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the warning message below
the model means?

add1(DTA.glm,~ Aeventexhumed + Veg + Berm + HTL + Estuary + Rayos)
Single term additions

Model:
cbind(MaxHatch, TotalEggs - MaxHatch) ~ Aeventexhumed + Veg +
    Berm + HTL
        Df Deviance    AIC
<none>       488.86 4232.9
Estuary  1   454.96 4201.0
Rayos    3   258.80 4008.9
Warning messages:
1: In model.matrix.default(Terms, m, contrasts.arg = object$contrasts) :
  variable 'Rayos' converted to a factor
2: In add1.glm(DTA.glm, ~Aeventexhumed + Veg + Berm + HTL + Estuary +  :
  using the 17/83 rows from a combined fit