[R] Contour plot on a triangular mesh

Roary Andy_woolston at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:28:18 CET 2012

Hi All,

I have 3 variables which present a perfect linear dependency such that the
third is the sum of the first two. I have an ordinary 2D contour plot on a
square grid with the first two variables forming the axes and the third
naturally being the diagonals. From an interpretive point of view it would
be nice to plot these two variables on a finer grid such that the third can
have the same scaling (i.e. a finer grid) as the first two and this would
look better on a triangular mesh. Is this possible in R?

Many thanks,

Roary