[R] break an axis.POSIXct

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Jan 20 17:53:47 CET 2012

On Jan 20, 2012, at 10:46 AM, Christof Kluß wrote:

> Hi
>
> I like to use "axis.POSIXct" to plot days from 2006 till 2008. But I
> only have datas for the summer months. Is it possible to get two axis
> breaks, to have not so long distances without points?

There are worked examples of broken axes in package plotrix but I
don't know if they are set up for multiple breaks, or if they support
data formats. At any rate, the plotrix package is something you should
investigate because it has a wealth of useful examples demonstrating
taking R's base graphics to the "next level".

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT