[R] Function movie3d in rgl library resulting in black/blank output

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 16:30:31 CET 2012

On 12-01-22 10:22 AM, Manabu Sakamoto wrote:
> Dear Duncan,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I tried rgl.snapshot like this,
>
>      rgl.snapshot("snapshot.png",fmt="png", top=TRUE)
>
> but got a totally black png file. I'm really not sure what this means;
> is there something wrong with some software or setting on my computer?

That's what it sounds like.  If you are on Windows, check that your
graphics drivers are up to date; on other platforms, you may also want
to check whether OpenGL is updated.  And if that doesn't solve it, post
details here about exactly reproducible cases that don't work, the
version numbers of rgl, R, your OS, and your graphics hardware.  We
probably can't help you if it's a driver/hardware problem, but others
with the same configuration might be able to see if the problem is
reproducible.

Duncan Murdoch