[R] How to build a "Amalgamation Schedule"? help!

womak womak at pochta.ru
Mon Jan 23 03:45:05 CET 2012

Dear all,
I need to process large amounts of data (two or three variables for 6,000
cases) cluster analysis. In the end I need to fill the source data to the
obtained clusters. I need to trace the sequence of data fusion. In this
case, I can fill in a cluster (with any level of linkage distance) by data.
This procedure is implemented in the package Statistica, but this package
can not work with large amounts of data.
In an attachment, I give an example for small sample sizes. Figure this is a
tree of clusters, and a text file and Excel file is "Amalgamation Schedule"
(Jointing matrix)
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4319741/Tree_Diagram_for_61_Cases.jpg
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4319741/Amalgamation_Schedule_(test).txt
Amalgamation_Schedule_(test).txt
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4319741/Amalgamation_Schedule.xls
Amalgamation_Schedule.xls
My code:
x <- read.table('test.csv', sep=',', header=TRUE)
x <- x[-1]
d <-  dist(x, method = "ward”, diag = FALSE, upper = FALSE, p=2)
hc <- hclust(d)
plot(hc)

Greatly sorry for my English.
thank you