[R] Calculating & plotting a linear regression between two correlated variables

JulieV sharkette002 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:04:55 CET 2012

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your response !

Actually, I already tried to plot it with a "classical" regression and I
know the relation is linear:

dA = 0.765 * dCOM - 0.089
p(slope) < 0.0001
p(intercept) = 0.0003

The fact is that I can not use these results as my variables dA and dCOM are
correlated (as mentioned above, Eq.1). What I need to find out is which
correction I should do on my data, and how, to be able to calculte the
regression p-values correctly with Linear Mixed Models.

I am interested in this because I know that my species decline at different
rates when my community is declining.
For example, with decreasing values of dCOM, dA reaches 0 before dB.

Julie