[R] Recompile

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Mon Jan 23 16:21:36 CET 2012

On 23.01.2012 16:13, Scott Raynaud wrote:
> Looked at several posts and the installtions docs and still not clear.
> If I compile source codes

Which "source codes"?  R itself? A package? Something else? Byte-compile?

> and then somewhere down the line add
> a new package,

What does "add" mean? Add to your code? To your version of R? If so,
into which library? Have you had that package before or is it new?

> then I have to recompile my entire installation,

Again, which installation? R? A package? If packages: What is the
hierarchy of dependencies?

Uwe Ligges