[R] Moving-Tiles Bootstrap

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 02:02:52 CET 2012

So I'll preface this with the admission I have no idea what
moving-tiles or boot.tilt are and so I may be in way over my head, but
if you are having trouble fitting your bootstrap procedure into one of
those provided in package, it's not hard to roll your own with
replicate() in base R.

The key is going to be clarifying "I'm not simply resampling rows of a
data frame" -- how exactly are you resampling? If you can wrap it in a
function, you can pass it to replicate.

Michael

PS -- If these are all domain-specific techniques, you might check the
SIG groups: I've found the ones that I participate in to be full of
exceptionally knowledgeable help.