[R] Clusters: How to build a "Amalgamation Schedule" (sequence of jointing )?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 03:58:50 CET 2012

On Jan 25, 2012, at 6:35 PM, womak wrote:

> Below is the function *hclust*
> hclust
> function (d, method = "complete", members = NULL)
> {  snipped the function body.

    snipped the function body. (That was really very unnecessary,
womack.)

> If a function has no cycles, then, in my view amateur, all the
> action on the
> formation of the cluster tree are made in:
>
> /*hcl */<- *.Fortran*(C_hclust, n = n, len = len, method =

Right.

http://cran.r-project.org/

http://cran.r-project.org/src/base/R-2/R-2.14.1.tar.gz

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-lang.html

> where can I see  some procedures /*C_hclust*/ и */C_hcass2/* or they
> are
> present in the *R* already compiled?  If it possible , then there is
> hope to
> save the merger of clusters in the file and get the "Amalgamation
> Schedule"
> (sequence of jointing).

I have no idea what you are asking here. In all too typical posting
behavior for Nabble users, you have not included any context. Most of
us are reading this with our mail clients, NOT through the nabble
website.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT