[R] warning In fun(...) : no DISPLAY variable so Tk is not available

sjkimble sjkimble at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 23:15:10 CET 2012

Nevil Amos wrote:
> I am getting the above warning following loading of Geneland 3.1.5 on
> unix , while a simple plot sends output to the pdf file ( see attached
> code) no output results from Geneland functions, resulting in empty pdf
> files

That message is saying it can't find an X11 server for Tcltk to use.  If
you do have X11 available, then just set the DISPLAY environment
variable in the normal way; if you don't, then you're not going to be
able to use that package on Unix.  (The Windows implementation is
self-contained, so it should work there.)

I am having the same error message for Geneland, but I am implementing on a
Windows machine.