[R] Is there a R command for testing the difference of two liear regressions?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 22:54:07 CET 2012

On Jan 27, 2012, at 4:10 PM, Michael wrote:

> I changed the notation for data from x to z...
>
> That's it. Should be very clear now... Thanks!
>
> Data: z1, z2, ..., z_{n+1}
>
> y1 = z_1,z_2,.........  z_n
> y2 = z_2, z_3,......... z_{n+1}
>
> x1 = 1, ..., n
> x2 = 1, ..., n
>
> y1 = A1+ x1 * B1 + epsilon_1
> y2 = A2 + x2 * B2 + epsilon_2
>
> H0: B1 and B2 are statistically significally different...

So in hopes of clarifying, ....So you want to test whether estimated
slopes are different after you slide a data-window one unit to the
right on the y-scale. Are you willing to say anything else about the
mathematical properties of Y? is it for instance measured at equal
time intervals?

--

> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Mark Leeds <markleeds2 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> now i'm confused because you first use y_1, y_2 and then use y
>> later. I
>> would take
>> a look at that earlier paper i mentioned. I think it's along the
>> lines of
>> what you want. Unfortunately. I don't have a computer copy of it. I
>> got it
>> from a library service where I once worked.
>>

>> mark
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Michael <comtech.usa at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks all.
>>>
>>> Here are a more clear statement of my question:
>>>
>>> Data: z1, z2, ..., z_{n+1}
>>>
>>> y1 = z_1,z_2,.........  z_n
>>>
>>> x1 = 1, ..., n
>>> x2 = 1, ..., n
>>>
>>> y = A1+ x1 * B1 + epsilon_1
>>> y = A2 + x2 * B2 + epsilon_2
>>>
>>> H0: B1 and B2 are statistically significally different...
>>>
>>> Any more thoughts?
>>>
>>> Thanks  a lot!

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT