[R] Generating repeated network measures in R

Jeremy Goss jeremygoss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:20:05 CET 2012

I am working on directed network data of the following form:

Origin farm      Destination farm      Year

Farm 1       ->       Farm 2                1999
Farm 1       ->       Farm 3                1999
Farm 3       ->       Farm 2                2000
Farm 1       ->       Farm 2                2000

I am using the package 'igraph' and I would like to generate and plot
(as a function of time) basic annual network statistics (degree,
diameter, density) without having to subset for each year. I have a
feeling that I can do this with either the 'loop' or 'apply' function
but am battling with the coding. Help would be appreciated!

Thanks