[R] laod multichannel-audio-files with readWave (tuneR)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sat Jan 28 19:50:28 CET 2012

On 27.01.2012 11:04, Alex Hofmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a huge collection of 6-channel .wav files containing audio and
> sensor recordings, which I need to analyse, across all 6 channels.
> I'm thinking about what will be easier to do.
>
> 1. Just split the channels in an external audio-editor and than read
> each mono channel seperatly with readWave (from tuneR), or
> 2. inherite the readWave class and extend it to multichannel reading?
 >
> What do you think?

For 1.: It will work but given you may want to do it more than once, it
is rather cumbersome.

For 2.: I'd be happy to cooperate and add multi (>2) channel reading
into tuneR. Do you have file specifications for such files around? I
guess it is more or less straightforwrd.
There is no readWave class. The class is Wave and inheriting from that
once is fine, but we have to sort out how to read the data in a first step.

Please reply off-list from now on.

Thanks,
Uwe