[R] Compiling R code to native code?

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun Jan 29 02:01:45 CET 2012

Nope. Most users get speed by using vectorized calculations. If you have already identified how to get correct answers, the next step is something like Rcpp or linking to a shared library written in your language of choice.

But seriously, vectorizing is enough for most applications, and making sure the answer is right doesn't usually require compiled code.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing