[R] percentage from density()

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Sun Jan 29 05:11:52 CET 2012

If you use logspline estimation (logspline package) instead of kernel density estimation then this is simple as there are cumulative area functions for logspline fits.

If you need to do this with kernel density estimates then you can just find the area over your region for the kernel centered at each data point and average those values together to get the area under the entire density estimate.