[R] Help joincount.test

Roger Bivand Roger.bivand at nhh.no
Sun Jan 29 19:01:14 CET 2012

CD <camille.dezecache <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to analyse the spatial organization of different fields planted
> with different varieties (each field has only one variety), but I have
> problems trying to understand the results of the test I did.
> Can somebody help me understanding what really means this "same colour
> statistic"?

It would be sensible to access the reference on the help page of
joincount.test:

Cliff, A. D., Ord, J. K. 1981 Spatial processes, Pion, p. 20.

and possibly also that on the help page of joincount.multi:

Upton, G., Fingleton, B. 1985 Spatial data analysis by example: point
pattern and quatitative data, Wiley, pp. 158--170.

If you change the construction of the spatial weights, you should not be
surprised if test results also change.

You might get more response on the R-sig-geo list.

Roger