[R] RCurl format

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Mon Jan 30 18:36:24 CET 2012

Hi "KTD Services" (!)

 I assume by DELETE, you mean the HTTP method
and not the value of a parameter  named _method
that is processed by the URL script.

 If that is the case, then you want to use the
 customRequest option for the libcurl operation
 and you don't need or want to use postForm().

 Either

    curlPerform(url = url, customrequest = "DELETE",
                  userpwd = "user:password")

 or with a recent version of the RCurl package

    httpDELETE(url, userpwd = "user:password")

  The parameter _method you are using is being passed on to the form
script.  It is not recognized by postForm() as being something controlling
the request, but just part of the form submission.

  D.