[R] discrete simulated annealing

Petr Savicky savicky at cs.cas.cz
Mon Jan 30 19:05:29 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 04:57:36PM +0000, yan jiao wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I need to use simulated annealing for optimization
> is there a way to limit the search place to only discrete values? And
> also exclude certain solutions, e.g. exclude the solutions when all the
> variables are the same?

Dear Yan:

The page ?optim says

  If a function to generate a new candidate point is given,
  method ‘"SANN"’ can also be used to solve combinatorial
  optimization problems.

If you have your specific function to generate a new point,
this function may apply the required restrictions.

Hope this helps.

Petr Savicky.