[R] Defining a pmf which has sum( from zero to infinity)

chamilka cmanoj4 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 20:08:08 CEST 2012

Hi everyone!!
I have new probability mass function which has the following form( kindly
see the image please)
  http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4635047/abc.jpg

Here alpha and beta are two parameters and I need to estimate those
parameters using Maximum Likelihood Estimation Method( mle2 available in
bbmle package) .  In thet function I need to define the log-likelihood of
the above pmf.
Please advice me how I can define a function which has a sum which runs from
zero to infinity in R?

Thank you .