[R] how to check convergence of arima model

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Wed Jul 4 11:38:26 CEST 2012

Hello,

Put the fitted models in a list and then use lapply with AIC(). Like this

set.seed(1)
x <- 1:100 + sqrt(1:100 + runif(100)) + rnorm(100)
models <- list()
models[[1]] <- arima(diff(x), order = c(1, 0, 0))  # Just to show
models[[2]] <- arima(diff(x), order = c(1, 0, 1))  # several
models[[3]] <- arima(diff(x), order = c(2, 0, 2))  # models
models[[4]] <- arima(diff(x), order = c(2, 0, 3))
lapply(models, AIC)

Or run each model at a time through AIC(), whichever suits better.

Hope this helps

Rui Barradas