[R] Maximum Likelihood Estimation Poisson distribution mle {stats4}

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Thu Jul 5 14:39:19 CEST 2012

Ermm.. the sample mean is mean(y) which is 11.545

I deduce that you and the help page have different views on what the sample y represents.

i also note that x does not figure at all in the help page's log-likelihood, suggesting that y is a simple set of counts, whereas you have interpreted x as the number of instances of each y. That appears not to be the case.