[R] Tables extraction in R ?

Greeknovice sggko87 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 19:23:13 CEST 2012

Hi,
I 'm a novice user of R statistics and my hands-on experience with it is
minimal.
I want to create a table for my MBA course assignment that looks like the
ones that SPSS and MS Excel produces ,the data that the table has to include
are the following :

> table(agec)
agec
  1   2   3
749 160  32
> x=table(agec)
agec
  1   2   3
749 160  32

> prop.table(x)
agec
         1          2          3
0.79596174 0.17003188 0.03400638
> prop.test(749,941)

        1-sample proportions test with continuity correction

data:  749 out of 941, null probability 0.5
X-squared = 328.5186, df = 1, p-value < 2.2e-16
alternative hypothesis: true p is not equal to 0.5
95 percent confidence interval:
 0.7684801 0.8209873
sample estimates:
0.7959617

> prop.test(160,941)

        1-sample proportions test with continuity correction

data:  160 out of 941, null probability 0.5
X-squared = 408.5016, df = 1, p-value < 2.2e-16
alternative hypothesis: true p is not equal to 0.5
95 percent confidence interval:
 0.1468831 0.1959230
sample estimates:
0.1700319

> prop.test(32,941)

        1-sample proportions test with continuity correction

data:  32 out of 941, null probability 0.5
X-squared = 815.4899, df = 1, p-value < 2.2e-16
alternative hypothesis: true p is not equal to 0.5
95 percent confidence interval:
 0.02374674 0.04822644
sample estimates:
0.03400638
This "percentages and confidence intrevals"  table should be  in an image
file format since I have to upload it to a wiki page.
Is there a specific command or even a series of commands I can use in order
to extract this "graphics" table automatically, or I have to create it
manually using Excel for example?
Thanks,
S.G.Golf.