[R] Specify model with polynomial interaction terms up to degree n

YTP cprice at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 23:56:40 CEST 2012

Hi Rui,

Thanks for responding. I did not write "raw=raw", and I'm not sure why R
would return such a misleading error message. Indeed, the same error message
comes up when I run the 2nd part of your code:

> m <- matrix(1:6, ncol=2)
> p6 <- poly(m, degree=6, raw=TRUE)

Error in poly(dots[[1L]], degree, raw = raw) :
  'degree' must be less than number of unique points

However I can think of a workaround for this, and I get the main idea from
your example, which does exactly what I was hoping for, thanks very much!