[R] How to cache files/objects in map-reduce using rmr?

rakeshrakshit ihavethepotential at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 13:25:32 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have a usecase defined as follows. I have a list of popular products in a
file and a file specifying users and products used by them.

Now using map-reduce for each user I want to sort out the popular products
that the user is already using and recommend top 100 popular products for
each user.

SO my requirement needs the job to load the list of popular products in
reduce phase of the map-reduce job.

Is there any way in rmr through which I can do so?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Rakesh Kumar Rakshit