[R] Problem to establish Bloomberg connection / Package RBloomberg / function blpConnect()

Alexander Erbse ae at alpha-centauri.com
Mon Jul 9 14:47:34 CEST 2012

32-Bit both.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: John Laing [mailto:john.laing at gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 9. Juli 2012 14:39
An: Alexander Erbse
Cc: r-help at r-project.org
Betreff: Re: [R] Problem to establish Bloomberg connection / Package RBloomberg / function blpConnect()

OK. Are you running 32 bit or 64 bit R? And 32 bit or 64 bit Java?

This can help shed light on the settings for the JVM being accessed by R:
require(rJava)
.jinit()
jvm <- .jnew("java.lang.System")
jvm.props <- jvm$getProperties()$toString() jvm.props <- strsplit(gsub("\\{(.*)}", "\\1", jvm.props), ", ")[[1]]

-John